Australian chocolate has hit the UK like a storm, so why not have a go at making your own version of Caramilk Hokey Pokey and turn it into a tasty spread!
Caramilk Hokey Pokey Spread
Coming from the land down under, the homemade Caramilk Hokey Pokey Spread is filled with home made caramelised chocolate, with homemade honeycomb chunks! Whats not to love!
- 320 g White chocolate
- 4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 200 g Caster Sugar
- 5 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Oil up a 20cm baking tin.
- Stir the sugar and syrup together over a pan at a LOW heat, and wait until the sugar melts, but don’t let the mixture boil.
- Once melted, turn up the heat, and let it simmer until the mix is nice and golden brown!
- Add the Bicarbonate of Soda quickly and mix even quicker, once added it should froth up.
- Quickly pour into the tin, and let set for 2 hours. (If you want it set quicker place in fridge.
- Once set, smash to your hearts content and put to one side!
- Break up the white chocolate into little chunks and spread out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 120C (Fan oven).
- Put the chocolate in. Now you will want to have it in for 2 hours (I know its a long one). For the first 30 mins, stir every 5 mins.
- After than stir every 15 mins until a rich golden colour!
- NOTE: The chocolate will go chalky, however after the 2 hour mark it should go to more of a liquid.
- Pour into a bowl, and add the oil., and then add the smashed honeycomb
- Let sit overnight in a cool dark place!
- Eat and Enjoy!!!