It is the world premier of the wonderful Caram’ella spread! Its Caramilk, its Nutella, its a terrible recipe created by the one and only UK Snack Attack, its CARAM’ELLA BABY!
Is there anything better in life than blonde chocolate mixed with he wonders of hazelnut? I think NOT! And how is it made? Well follows these 'simple' steps and be eating it in no time!
- Food Processor
- 400 g white chocolate
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 170 g raw peeled hazelnuts
Get the peeled hazelnut look
- So, you are dumb like me and bought skinned hazelnuts? Don't worry you can peel them at home in this messy chaotic technique.
- Boil some water and add 3tbsp of Bicarb of Soda (Be careful when adding it bubbles a LOT)
- Add the hazelnuts and boil for 5 mins.
- Using a spoon, remove one hazelnut and drop on a bowl of cold water. If you can then rub the skin off its ready. If not then boil at 30 second increments until ready.
- Run the hazelnuts under the cold tap in a sieve, and then remove the skins.
Caramilk it baby
- Break your white chocolate into squares, and place in a microwave save bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high heat.
- Using a strong spatula, stir your mixture, and place back into the microwave.
- Heat in 30 second increments, mixing between each blast until the chocolate melts, and goes a golden colour. NOTE: the mixture will go chalky, keep mixing with the spatula between blasts, the chalky texture is okay.
- Once a rich Caramilk golden brown colour, remove from the microwave and add in the 3 tbsp of oil. Mix until combined.
Nuts for the But(ter)
- Time to toast your nuts! If you peeled the nuts using my technique above, then put them on a mid-high heat in a pan on the hob for 10-15 mins until golden.
- Once done put them into your food processor, and blend until a smooth nut butter forms.
- Add in the vanilla and blend again.
- Oh yes, this is the home stretch! Add the chocolate mix into the food processor with your nut butter, and blend it all up!
- Once combined, pour carefully into your jar, and let sit overnight.
- Rise and shine, start your day with some nutty, golden Caram'ella spread on your toast!