The nations favourite biscuit, blended and turned into a tasty rich cookie butter, topped with a smooth homemade milk chocolate spread! Perfect to pour on ice cream, spread on toast or eat straight from the jar!
Chocolate Digestive Cookie Butter
I am always up for a challenge, and always have the thought that anything can be turned into a spread! This cookie butter is sweet, rich and creamy greatness with a hint of crunch from the biscuits!
- Food Processor
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500 g Milk chocolate digestives
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Melt 200g of chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between until liquid.
- Mix in the 3 tbsp of sunflower oil and put to one side.
- Put the 500g of digestives into the food processor and turn up to the highest speed.
- These will first become crumbs, but after a few mints will form into a thick dough like paste. Once it has achieved this consistency add the melted coconut oil and blend until combined.
- Slowly drizzle half the chocolate spread into the cookie butter and mix with a knife creating swirls.
- Pour into your empty jar.
- Top the jar off with the chocolate spread.
- Leave to set for approx 5-6 hours.