You know its easter when the Creme Eggs hit the shelves. Well be quick grabbing them this year so you can stock up to make an endless supply of Creme Egg inspired chocolate spread!
Creme Egg Spread
I know you all are EGGcitied to try this, so wait no more as the creme egg recipe has spread over the internet, ready for you to make and spread into your mouths!
- 400 g Dairy Milk
- 5 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Pack of Mini Creme Eggs
Creme Egg Topping
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Orange Food Dye
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Prepare Mini Creme Eggs
- Freeze 5-6 Mini Creme Eggs until hard (1 hour ish)
- Break down the Dairy Milk and melt it in the microwave at 10 second increments. until melted
- Add in the oil and mix.
- Remove the Mini Creme Eggs from the freezer and cut them up into small chunks.
- Mix the chunks into the mix and pour into a jar.
- Let to set overnight in a cool dark place.
- Once the spread has set its time to make the egg, first get two small bowls and pour approx 1/2 cup icing sugar in each.
- Slowly add 1tsp of water at a time until they form a thick white paste.
- Add 1st of vanilla to each bowl.
- In one bowl, add orange food dye.
- In the orange yolk bowl, add more icing sugar until it forms a doughy and roll it into a ball.
- Pour the white onto the spread, and then place the “yolk” in the middle.
- Leave for 30mins – 1 hour to set.
- FINALLY ENJOY YOUR SPREAD!!!!