So you have made the amazing Mint Aero Spread (or any other of my spreads) and are bored of putting it on toast? Fear not you can now fill yourself and these doughnuts up with the magical spread and eat to your hearts content!
Mint Aero Doughnuts in a bag
- Squeeze sauce bottle
- Deep frying pan / pot
- 1 large ziplock bag
- 2 inch cookie cutter
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tbsp oil (I used sunflower)
- 1 bottle oil (to fry)
- 1 tbsp brandy or cognac
- 1 jar UK Snack Attack's own recipe of Mint Aero Spread!
- Add the yeast, warm water, sugar, brandy, oil, egg and flour to the large ziplock bag
- Zip the bag up and mix well with your hands.
- Place the bag in a bowl of warm water for 1 hour.
- Remove from the bag onto a floured surface. Roll the dough into 1cm thickness and be sure both side of the dough are well floured.
- Cut the doughnuts into circles using the 2 inch cookie cutter (if you don't have one, just use a large glass!)
- Put the doughnuts on a board and cover with cling film. Leave for a further 30 mins.
- Pour the oil into the pan (around 2 inches deep), and heat up the oil until it bubbles when placing a wooden spoon in (please be careful with hot oil, it can be very dangerous)
- Add a doughnut carefully using a spoon into the oil, and fry for approx 45 seconds on each side (or until the side is golden brown).
- Once cooked, carefully remove with a spoon with slits, and place on a wire rack to cool (I place kitchen roll under the rack to catch the oil!)
- Run the spread under hot water so it is melted, and pour into a squeeze bottle. Stab the side of the doughnut and carefully squeeze the filling in.
- Let sit for an hour if you want the spread to harden, or if you are like me and dint mind the mess eat ASAP!